Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

Hello,
Mom first off to answer your questions.. It is hot! always unless its raining, then its freezing, and right now is the rainy season and will be till about October. We don't have bikes, I wish we did though, we could double our teaching appointments, as for food in our apartments its usually just rice and tuna haha full of nutrients.  But earlier today I cooked those no bake cookies and they are delicious.  Thanks again for sending the recipe.
For my birthday I would like this book, i think its called Missionary Inspirational Stories or something like that.

This week has been a good one, we had a combined Zone Conference which was really good, I learned a lot and got to see buddies from my old zones.

Another cool thing about this week is that one of our investigators that has wanted to be baptized for a long time but didn't want to get married to her boyfriend or leave him, has finally started to work out the papers they need to make there marriage official. That is one thing that I really don't get about the Philippines, people will tell you they have a husband or wife but then they tell you they aren't married. 
Anywho, this morning we helped these members plant mango trees this morning, which was super cool because they are a returned less active family, when I first came to this ward the dad was always drinking coffee and beer and the family was always getting in arguments but now the dad has kicked the beer and coffee and they have all talked to the bishop and are having a family prayer every night and they have a goal to go to the temple this October! I love seeing this change for better in people, I just love missionary work.
I was thinking the other night about how I am here in the Philippines, and I said to myself "Hey skitch, how did we get here?" and I thought about my life and the things that led me to serve a mission, and then about our family history and how we got the gospel, then into church history and I realized that I am here because a 14 year old boy sincerely wanted to know the truth! Talk about a marvelous work and a wonder. I love you all, I am so grateful to have a testimony of the restored gospel and to have such an amazing family! 
Love,
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment