Friday, February 15, 2013

Febrary 11, 2013




 This has been a great week, we had interviews with President Carlos, ZLC at the mission home, and my companion got to go back to his last area and baptize a family there. All and all a good week.
We saw a big snake last night as we were walking home(see in picture) and some guy on a motorcycle got a stick and killed, I got a video of it haha, he said that he was going to cook it and eat it, typical Filipino.
This weeks assignment I want to hear from ALL of you is an experience of sharing the gospel to a non-member.
Obviously as a missionary this is a daily thing, but I want to tell you an experience I may have told you in the past, I was still in my first area and I couldnt speak tagalog to save my life, we were coming home in a tricycle and the driver started to talk to me, wanting to know where I was from and what brought me to the Philippines, I told him why and then he told my about how he is a pilot on a ship and that he loves to read, the spirit was so strong as it told me to give this man a copy of the Book of Mormon, I gave it to him and never saw or heard from him again. But even though I havent heard anything from him I know that he has been given a chance to know the truth. I am grateful to be a missionary and have these experiences and learn and grow from them.
I love you all Sorry this is short and sweet
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment