Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 3, 2012

Hello Everybody,

Mom, I do know Elder Wooden, we went to high school together and we played football earlier today as a matter of fact haha He is a cool kid.

This week has been nuts, all of our investigators with baptismal dates are progressing like crazy, if things go as planned they will be baptized on september 15th. I would love it if you all would keep them in your prayers, I have grown so close to them in the past few months and they mean so much to me. Its kind of crazy for me to think about, but I have fallen in love with the people here in the Philippines, I love them! and I know that this is where I am supposed to be, Heavenly Father knew exactly where to put me. Where I could learn, and help the people and invite them to come unto our Savior.

Oh and about service, we do service but not as often as I would like. Filipinos tell you that they dont need help. but every now and then I will help someone draw water from a well, or haul a bucket of water, actually yesterday we decided to go and visit a former investigator and while we were waiting we helped her family take this hard corn off of the cob, it killed my thumbs but it was way fun, I love doing things like that because it helps people here realize that us missionaries are here to help them and not just to get more numbers.

I love my mission, I love this Gospel, it changes the lives of the people we teach, it continues to change me for the better, I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father live and that they love us, I know that through Joseph Smith, the fullness of the gospel was restored. 


I love all of you and I thank you for all the prayers and emails and packages soon to come :)
 

Love,
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment