Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 11, 2013

 Hello everybody,
I am going to forward something that my Mission President sent us this morning,
 
To: General Authorities, Area Seventies, and Mission Presidents
From: Missionary Department
Subject: Adjusted Missionary Email Policy
Missionaries are to write to their families each week and are also authorized to communicate
by email with friends, priesthood leaders, and new converts. Mission presidents should allow
sufficient time on preparation day for missionaries to write emails and letters. While in the
mission field, missionaries should receive authorization from the mission president before
entering into communication, including via email, with converts and others of the opposite
gender within the mission boundaries (see Missionary Handbook, 36–37)  

(PS  his email address is jared.proctor@myldsmail.net)

So now I can email just about anybody outside of the mission boundaries, I would like you to pass that on the the family and the ward. I will do my best to reply to all of them.

This week we went to Romeo Aquinos, "Pashem" (9 days after someone dies the family has a party). His wife asked us to come so we did, they had their Catholic Priestess say a really long prayer. Then the family asked us to say our "Mormon Prayer."  All in all it was good, now the family and all the relatives have a better idea about what LDS is all about. We are hoping to be able to teach the wife, when Romeo was still alive we would ask if we could help him with anything, and he always said the same 2 things. "Keep me in your prayers, and Do what you can to teach my family." He had such a great desire to be united with his family in one faith. We are so blessed to have the gospel and to have an Eternal Family.

Its cool that Stephen gets home this week! You should give my potato gun as a "Good on ya" gift haha I love that kid.

Well I am just about out of stuff to say so I love you, the Church is true and I know it! 
I love you all thank you for your prayers and support

Elder Proctor


No comments:

Post a Comment