Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2-14-12


So I am okay!

I didn’t even hear about that earthquake and the reason I didn’t email yesterday was because my comp was sick so we stayed inside all day.   I got cabin fever, haha but other than that I am fine.

The work is going great here.  I am loving every minute of it and that’s about all I have to say... just kidding.   So I want to tell all of you about this awesome investigator of ours, her name is Mellakamekemaka (names have been changed for blog content) and she is about as golden as any investigator could ever be.  She keeps all the commitments and reading assignments and comes to church every Sunday and all that other good stuff.   The only problem that we have had with her is that she is not legally married to her husband, and for the longest time we told her that she needed to be legally married before she could be baptized. And she would talk to her husband and he would say "What’s the rush?" as their 4 YEAR OLD daughter is running around.  That continued for a while, but this week after much praying and fasting he opened up and they are getting married on the 17th and Mellakamekemaka is being baptized on the 18th. haha "What’s the rush?” haha When we heard the news that she was getting married I ran outside and shouted for joy! haha. It was awesome, I love mission life.

Another cool story, so Sister Yoyoma who was just recently baptized, we have been trying to teach her son, but he didn’t really want to.  Then a week or two passed and the kid busted his arm! and had to get stainless steel rods in his arm.  Just before the surgery he asked his mom how we pray, because he has seen the blessing that have come to his mom through her prays. Then after the surgery, which was at 3:00pm, he didn’t wake up from the anesthesia! As the hours past his mom texted us asking for us to pray with her and so we did.  Then at 10:00pm she texted us and told us that he woke up and everything was okay! haha And now he wants us to teach him! haha The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways! haha 

This work is true and I love it so much.  I want to share a quick thought I had this week to all y’all about the Book of Mormon.  I was thinking about Moroni as the  last Nephite running from the Lamanites so he could hide and protect the record.  Then I thought about Joseph Smith and all the times that the mobs tried to steal the Gold Plates or destroy the translations. I thought to myself "Man, Satan really didn’t want this book to get out."  He tried so hard because with the Book of Mormon we can know exactly how we can return to our Heavenly Father.   Of course we know he failed back then and now millions of copies of the Book of Mormon are all over the world in different languages. But Satan hasn't given up, he has simply changed his tactics by making people think that they don’t have the time to read it.  And by making people think that they are too busy, by making people think "tomorrow I will start reading that." 

I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and we should all read and study it every day!  There are so many things that we can learn from this wonderful book. Don’t let Satan win, read the Book of Mormon! haha Put that on a t-shirt! haha 

I love you all and I thank you all again for your support and love.

Love,
Elder Proctor  

No comments:

Post a Comment