Monday, March 12, 2012

3-12-12

 (Jared's Zone.  He is the tall one in the back.)
How y'all doing!
No pictures again this week, still in the crap computer shop but don't worry, they will come haha so this week has been pretty good. One of our recent converts was telling her friend about how we give priesthood blessings and her friends grandpa was in the hospital and she asked us to come and give him a blessing. When we walked into the hospital room, I saw this 98 year old man lying down, he looked so weak and frail. Some of his children were there in the room and they were telling us about this 98 year old man. They told me about how he had helped the Americans fight the Japanese in WW2. As we sat there listening to stories about this man, I had this feeling come over me and I realized that this man was close to death, and he was close to returning to seeing our Savior. The spirit was overwhelming and the more I thought about it the more I realized how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives and to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. Then we offered a simple blessing to this frail man and then we asked his daughter if we could stop by and share a message with them, and she readily accepted it. It was quite the experience.
Well I have to run off to an interview so I cant write anymore,
I love all of you and hope you are doing well
thanks for the love and support.
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment