Monday, March 26, 2012

3-26-12

Hey Y'all,

Mom yes there are Senior couples here.  I want to say 4,  not counting President and Sister Carlos.

So this week has been another week of missionary work, lots of teaching, even more learning. I love it. The other day we were at Jollibee (Filipino burger joint) and it was pretty crowded and I saw that I towered over all these people and it reminded me of Avatar, whenever it shows the blue aliens compared to the humans.   haha   Yeah I feel like an alien, but that's all right by me.   I know that half way around the world I fit in haha.

So as you know we are focusing on reactivating the less active members here. Me and my companion are focusing on these 5 families in our ward, while we are also trying to retain our recent converts and trying to teach our investigators while also trying to find new investigators. Sometimes it can get overwhelming but then I remember that this is the Lord's work not mine.  I just have to do the best that I can everyday, so that is what I am doing, giving my all everyday. Earlier this week I was studying Diligence (a Christ-like attribute) in Preach My Gospel and it says that a missionary's effort reflects their love for the Savior. I love my Savior, therefore I will work hard! 

I love my mission, I love the people. I can really see Heavenly Fathers love for all of us. Just look at the world! It is so beautiful! He made it that way because he loves us. And look at the gospel! He has given us everything that we could ever need and more! HOW NEAT IS THAT!
Oh I do love this gospel and I am so very grateful that all of us know of it.  I cant understand how everyone else goes on without it.

I love all of you so much, and I thank you for your weekly emails, they are so great and uplifting.

Elder Proctor 

PS I would absolutely love it if you would send me this book of missionary Inspirational stories(Curtis will know), but I wont be too disappointed if you don't send it.

PSS I ate papaya for the first time, it has the texture of squash and the flavor of mango mmm delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment