Monday, April 2, 2012

4-2-12

Hello Gang,
Thats right I called you gang, so its conference there all ready. we
dont get to watch it till next week. And I am super excited for it.
OH Martha! I found the answer to your question without even trying,
its a good story so I thought I would share it with all you.
So Martha's question was, what is the difference between believing in
the name of Jesus Christ and believing ON the name of Jesus Christ.
So to answer this question I am going to tell you a story that I
listened to this week, about this stunt devil back in the 1800's who's
name was "The Great Baunditt" (I know its a awesome name) So this guy
is at Niagara Falls and he says he is going to put a tight rope across
the falls and walk over the Falls on the rope. So he gets the rope up
and he is going to walk across it and by this time everyone and their
dog has heard about it so there is a big crowd there. So he walks
across the rope once and the crowd goes wild, and he says to the crowd
"you came to see a show" so he walks back again. and when he returns
the crowd is just going nuts! so then he says again "you came to see a
show" and he takes his balancing pole and throws it over the falls,
and he says "bring me...The wheel barrow" so some guy goes and grabs
this wheel barrow and gives it to the stunt man. and then the stunt
man says "who believes I can walk across this tight rope with the
wheel barrow?" and the crowd shouts "we believe! we believe!" and then
the Great Baundit says "Thats good... Because I only need ONE
volunteer"...and the crowd goes silent. Then he says the greatest
thing, he says "I thought you said you believed in me"
So going back to the question, the difference between believing in
Jesus Christ and believing on Jesus Christ is action on our part.
We can sit around and say we believe in Jesus Christ but what really
matters is when we act on that belief, when we magnify our callings,
walk out of that movie theater, when we stand up for what we believe
and hop in to the wheel barrow and go across the tight rope. So in
short its ACTION on our part that makes the difference.
Pretty cool story eh. so some more news from me neck of the
woods(thanks Al) this week is transfer week, I wont know until
tomorrow if I am being transferred so I will let you know how that
goes.
Also we had a baptism last Saturday, it was great, her name is Donna
and her sister was just baptized last august and now we are trying to
reactivate their father. Its so wonderful to see these miracles
happening so often. I am so grateful be out here on a mission. I love
all of you and I hope you are doing well
Elder Proctor
PS I might be emailing again later today so hurry and write me eh :)
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment