Monday, April 23, 2012

11-26-11


Well Well Well Lets have a drink :)

So my p day was moved to saturday this week because we had in-field orrentation yesterday haha and it was all day! So thanksgiving in the MTC was pretty cool, Russel M. Nelson spoke and it was awesome. oh and last tuesday D. Todd Christofferson spoke at the devotional so that was pretty neat :) anyway back to thanksgiving, we had that devotional and then a big thanksgiving dinner/lunch and the food was pretty good for cafetira food, nothing like good home cookin but still good, then after that we had a thanksgiving program for us, it reminded me of what I used to do in elementary school haha kind of fun, then we did a service project, we put together some injury kits that are being sent to Sudan and we watched a video on the churches humanitarian efforts, it was really cool to see how things like that can open doors for missionary work :) then we got to watch 17 miracles! it was way cool to watch a movie again haha they had a big bag of kettle corn for each missionary it was great :)

So I leave in 2 days, how neat is that? haha oh mom I got both of the packages you sent, thank you very much. You are the best mom a kid could ask for :) Speaking of those packages, my comp and I and the 2 other elders going to Cauayan went out when it was snowing and we shared that bottle of martinelis hahaha it was good :)

Oh man I am excited to do some real missionary work, I wish I was there now! but I just have to wait I guess. So just to clearify, when I call you from L.A. it will be 5:30 or 6:00 here (dont you love time zones) so just make sure you are there if you want to talk to me, I figure i will just call moms phone :) Its so crazy that I have already been here for 2 months, where did all that time go?

I am so ready for the philippines, I cant wait to see the people and to be able to tell them the best news that they have ever heard! I love this gospel so much, I cant even express my gratitude to this wonderful church. This is the one true church, It has been restored by a prophet called by God. I am so happy and so blessed to know this simple truth. And I am Chompin at the Bits to get to the field and find those who are ready to recieve this glad message. I am not going to give up, and I am going to work my hardest. Because I have seen with my own eyes what this gospel can do for familes and long ago a missionary brought this message to our family, and it has blessed us in countless ways. It would be selfish of me to keep this message to myself, I have to share it to all of those that will hear me.

I love you all so much and I hope I make all of you proud
next time you hear from me, I will be in the Philippines!

love elder Proctor

P.S. Could you tell me the story of how John Proctor first heard about the gospel? and maybe a biography of him? also how many generations ago did he live?

No comments:

Post a Comment