Monday, March 5, 2012

3-5-12

Dear Family,
So this week I kept a list of things to write so I wouldn't forget once I sat down at the computer.   No pictures this week because we are in that crap computer shop and I don't want to risk loosing all of my pictures again.
So for this weeks adventure, we had a brown out (black out) there was no electricity and so that meant that the fans didn't work. And it just happened to be a really hot day so that was just awesome. And the running water that we have in our house comes from an electric pump well, so we didn't have any water to bathe! Needless to say we smelt pretty bad haha Then we noticed that the chapel next door to us had a water storage tank, so we filled up a couple of buckets and took them back to our apartment so we could get clean, it was pretty fun.
Another cool thing that happened this week, we were on our way home riding in a tri-cy and I started talking to the driver, turns out he is the pilot of this huge cargo vessel and he just drives a tri-cy to stay busy when he comes home, I asked him how long he is away from home when he is on the vessel and he said from one to three years, and as soon as he told me that the spirit told me to give this man a Book of Mormon, at first I hesitated and thought to myself that it wasn't a big deal, then the spirit told me again give this man a Book of Mormon! I then realized what I had to do, I didn't have a copy in my bag so when we got home I told my comp to pay for the ride and I ran inside and grabbed a Book of Mormon and ran back and gave it to him and told him a little about it and our church. He then thanked me for the book and said he would read it on his long journey, then he drove off and I felt great!
Also this week we had Elder Nielson, of the area 70 come and speak to us, it was really great he had some great insights on how to help less active members come back. Then at the end he let us ask him questions about anything, and this one elder asked how the prophets security guards are selected, he told us some great stories and showed us that everyday he gets a security update on his phone and it tells him places that he needs to avoid and stuff like that, how neat is that!
Another awesome thing that happened this week was the 3 less active families that we have been working with came to church! it was so great to be there greeting people at the church and then see these families come oh it was so great.
Well that's about it from this week :) pretty neat if I do say so myself. It sounds like you all have had a good time, I hope you sick people stop being sick!
I know I say this a lot but that is just because I mean it, I love you all and I love missionary work. It is so great, but its so fast! I cant believe how fast it is going! its crazy. It just goes to show you that this work is true, I love this gospel so much, I am so grateful for our savior Jesus Christ, I am so grateful for my mission and the opportunity it gives me to learn and grow into the man that Heavenly Father wants me to be.
Thanks for all your love and support
Elder Proctor
Ps could you send me a copy of my priesthood line of authority?
pps do we have any relatives that served in North Carolina? there is an elder in my mission who's grandparents were baptized by an Elder Proctor! wow neat

No comments:

Post a Comment