Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 6, 2012

Hey Ya'll,
 
I cant believe that James is back, you should get him to write me something. haha If not that's okay.
 
So as far as news goes, I found out this week that I will be training a new Elder this next transfer. I am way nervous and twice as excited. I will tell you more about that in next weeks letter.
 
This last week we visited a less active member.  It went pretty well until we asked him if we could share a message with him.  He started to tell us about all of his problems and all the reasons that he had gone less active.   He told us that he didn't want us to share with him. 
 
My Companion then shared with him the change that happened to his family when they returned to activity.  He told him about how they all used to fight and never got along, until they became active in the church. While this was going on I couldn't help but think about my family. My comp was talking about the fights his parents used to get into, and it made me realize that I have never seen Mom and Dad fight.  I haven't even seen them raise their voices at one another.
 
As we were walking away from this members home, I could hardly hold back the tears as I thought of how blessed I was to have such a wonderful family. I have a hard time at describing how much I love you guys, but there is this country song that describes my feelings towards my family. It goes "They're the world my world revolves around, my sacred piece of solid ground, the flesh and bone that give me strength to stand, They're the fire in my drive, my drive behind my coming home, They're the living breathing reason that I am"
 
I love all of you so much, I am so grateful for our amazing family. And why is our family so amazing? Well its no secret, its because we are rooted in this gospel. I know this Gospel to be true. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus live. 
 
I love all of you.
 
Love,
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment