Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November 26, 2012

Hey Y'all,
I see that there is a bit of an uproar going on back home because of my short letters haha you guys have to forgive me, I didn't play Mavis Beacon typing games like Martha, and I barely passed in all my computer skills classes. And My English is degrading everyday! I have been living with native companions for and entire year, and we don't use English. But today I am going to make an effort to tell you a little more about my mission and how I am doing, it might not make sense but that's okay :) 
 
So I am doing well, I am still recovering from a cold, which is kind of annoying because I have a stuffy nose and Tagalog is a language that needs clear nasal passages haha the language is going pretty good I am still learning but I can have a conversation with anyone and say just about anything I want. The Gift of tongues is real! A week ago, this 10 year old girl we are teaching kept asking me questions like, "Why is your nose so long?" Why are you white?" Why is your hair golden?" and I told her because I am an American, and she said "Really! I thought you were a Filipino!" I got a good laugh out of it.
 
Oh I found this setting on my camera that I can use to just do a voice recording, I am going to try that out and see if I can send you guys a tape through the email.
 
I am also going to start a video journal, I will do one video every month till I go home, I thought that it would be cool to have after the mission.

Isaac asked if we go tracting, we do but not a whole lot. We do eat at members homes and share with them and that's also were we get new investigators, friends of the members or relatives.
Missionary work here is different then I ever imagined it to be, we dont get doors slamed in our face, preachers don't fight with us, or any of that good stuff. Which is good but at the same time kind of annoying because we will talk to people and then set up a time where we can share a message with them and they will agree to it even if they aren't interested so that's why we don't to a whole lot of tracting. We work a lot with recent converts and less active members to get/keep them active. And in the process we find new investigators.
What else, do you guys want to know?
our apartment is tiny, it could probably fit in the wood shop back home, our bathroom is about 4ft by 3ft with a toilet and a faucet and a bucket, oh this might gross you guys out but oh well, we don't use toilet paper here! its water and your hand, its like the wet and wild out here haha but don't you worry about me I am an expert at washing my hands haha.
Doing our laundry by hand is no fun but I can normally get it all done in an hourish, we do our laundry twice a week so its not to bad, but I wouldnt mind a washer and dryer, even just a dryer would be great, because most of the time its raining here so we have to hang our clothes inside and that attracts the skeeters and they have denge which is not good haha
Is this a satisfactory letter for all of you? I don't think that I can do this every week haha we will see.
I love it out here and I love all of you
I will try to send a recording with my next email.
This work is true.
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment