Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 21, 2013


 Naimbagngam Malim! (Good Afternoon in ilocano)
This week has been a great one, me and my companion have had great success with finding less-active members in our area which is always really cool or really scary, Because there are only 2 types of less actives here, the one that havent come to church because they havent been visited in a while or the ones that have been offended and want nothing to do with us (hint those are the scary ones)

Yesterday our stake had a leadership training meeting and the Stake President invited/commanded my companion and I to come and report to the leaders on missionary work in our zone and and train them how to more effectively use the full-time missionaries assigned to the wards. It was kind of intimidating but fun too.

Another cool thing that happened this week is I finished reading the New Testament! I love it, I love the scriptchas. That reminds me, are you going to be sending me "The Miracle of Forgiveness" like you said you would? I sure would love it if you would do that!

This week is transfer week, me and my comp are probably staying together. and we will get new Elders and Sisters in our zone which is usually fun haha.

Oh and today for P-Day we played rugby again and I scored my first Try (touchdown) it was great. It is always fun to play with the Poly's in our zone, I love the Mission

So I had this idea to make our email communication more quality, and the Idea is that I will ask questions to you all that we normally ask the people that we teach, questions that have to do with the gospel. And this week I would like to ask you to share with me your testimony of the Book of Mormon.
I think this will make these emails more meaningful and you and I will grow closer together and we will all come closer to Christ our Savior. and I will more effectively fulfill my purpose as a missionary.

So since I am asking you to share your testimony of the Book of Mormon with me of course I will share mine with you. Its like this, I have known that it was true since I can remember but I didnt have the Holy Ghost Confirm it to me until I actually did as Moroni tells us, to read it, ponder it and then ask God if it is true with sincerity. I was in Ilagan my third area and I had just finished reading the Book of Mormon, It was just before lunch and I went into my bedroom and knelt in prayer and asked our Father in Heaven if it was true and I waited there then whether I heard it or thought it or just felt it I am not sure, but the answer was yes. I felt so loved, that my Father in Heaven would let me know of its truth, and that single experience has changed my mission and my life. Because it was the moment when I knew it personally independent of anyone else'  testimony.
Now you share yours, you have got to admit this has to be one of my best ideas, its right up there with the gopher trap I made.

I love all of you and cant wait to hear your testimonies, next week
Love Elder Proctor
PS if you dont comply, I just might just not send emails home :) is that a threat? ....no its an offer you cannot refuse

No comments:

Post a Comment