Monday, January 30, 2012

1-2-12


Happy new year!

So mom just to answer your question I can get shoes here if I need them, but if you really want to send me a package I would love a copy of "Mormon Doctrine", So any who, is Corban out of the oven yet? I am excited to have 4 new pamanking, Oh mom I have a question for you! did you send a Christmas package to the philippines? if so I havent recieved it yet, and I dont know if you know this yet but you shouldnt use fedex to ship stuff.

So new years eve was quite the adventure haha we were given so much food! First Yolanda gave us a Christmas ham and something else haha I am not sure what it is. Then the bishop invited us over for dinner and he kept feeding us until I thought I would explode! It was good food too so that was a good change of pace haha, when we were done he gave us some fruit for the road, then when we returned to our apartment our land lord came and gave us a ton of food! then some members in our ward came and gave us more food! our fridge is completely stuffed! As I looked at all the food we had, I remembered that there are many people here that have to beg for food, because they have none. I felt like garbage, with my belly and fridge full while I knew that somewhere there were people with alot less. Then I thought of all we have back home in America, I am starting to realize how blessed we all have been to live in such a great country. I love America! haha and I promise that I will never forget that I am American, everywhere I walk people shout "Amerikano" and I just smile and think to myself "You better believe it!"

Another "fun" thing that happened for new years was the fireworks, It was like trying to sleep on a battlefield haha all night long people were lighting them off and they werent just little fire crakers and bottle rockets, they were huge haha it was crazy.
So cool story, one of our Investigators, she is named Marie. She told us this week that she wishes that she heard our message earlier! She said that she wants her daughter to be raised in this gospel and serve a mission! It just goes to show you that the Lord really does prepare the way for us missionaries. I love this work.

So here is something that I have noticed, sometimes we will ask people to pray and they wont want to or they will pray and then after the finish they apologize to us for it not being good enough or long enough. It really shows me that Satan is trying to destroy prayer. It reminded me of something that I saw on the History channel, it was a program that talked about battle strategy, the first thing they do is try to destroy the enemy's communication. So of course Satan is trying to destroy prayer. It is through prayer that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father, without it we are lost, without it we are exactly where Satan wants us to be. However you might remember the promise given to us in D and C 10:5 if we pray we will conquer Satan. It amazes me that something as simple as prayer can be so powerful. After all I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the prayer of a 14 year old boy. I would like to invite all of you that read this to always pray so that you may be able to withstand all the trials that are in your lives.

I love all of you so much, I am so thankful for your constant support,
Love Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment