Monday, January 30, 2012

10-28-11


Kumusta pamilya ko!

Hello again family, I cant believe how fast this week has gone by, I think that the mtc is capable of time travel, but I am still investigating it. So today is the one month marker! Can you believe that I have been here a month? again a sign of time travel, being in here one month also marks my halfway point in the mtc, and at the halfway point they release the old district leaders and call new ones! I am pretty excited about that. The district ahead of us just got their travel plans and they leave in 2 weeks and its been exciting to talk to them about it.

So here is another fun tagalog word, nagkakapagpakabagabag, it means to bother haha no joke! The language is coming slowly and surely still haha and we found out that in the cauayan mission they speak another dialect called illicano so I am excited to learn more then one language :) And another funny thing about the cauayan mission is that anytime I tell a teacher that I am going there they always say "I have heard crazy things about that place" or "where is that?" haha its just awesome. Out of the 20 tagalog teachers only one of them went to the cauayan mission! I guess thats where they send all of the rare gems ;)

Congratulations Isaac and Taniel! I am so happy for you and I will keep all 3 of you in my prayers :) as far as names go, I think that if its a boy he should be named Russel so I can call him muscle Russel! haha 

I love all of you so much, if you are reading this then know that I love you. And know that all of you played a part in raising me to who I am today, I only hope that I may live up to the example that you all have set. I know that this mission will bless the filipino people and It will bless you and it will bless me and my future family, there is nothing I would rather be doing right now. At times when I am discouraged I can always look up to Dad, Jacob, Isaac, Brian, and Clint, because of the example they set for me, and showing me that it can be done no matter how hard it gets. I want to again thank you for serving missions and being the men that you are. I can promise all of you right now that there are only 2 ways that I will come home, Either I come home after serving a full time and honorable mission or I could come home on a stretcher haha
I know that this is going to be hard but more importantly I know that with the Lord I can do anything (Alma 26:12) I want you to know that we can all do anything, if we rely fully upon the Lord. It doesnt matter how big or small the obstacle may be it only matters that we trust in the Lord and follow his son Jesus Christ. What a beautiful yet simple truth, to know of our Heavenly Fathers Love for us. 

The Book of Mormon testifies of this love, because our Heavenly Father loves us he called a simple 14 year old farm boy to be a prophet and to translate the sacred book that with the bible contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that through the book of Mormon we may receive revelation from our Father in heaven. I cannot express the importance of this book, but I do know that it is a True book and that It was translated by the prophet Joseph Smith, and that I will work butt off everyday in the philippines so that they too can come to know of Its truth.

I love all of you, I love this gospel
-Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment