Monday, January 30, 2012

12-4-11


Kumusta Pamilya

Boom I am in the field! Its crazy here! I am near Tuguegarao in a small town called Catagaman. I would send you pictures but I forgot to bring the cable that connects my camera to the computer, so i will buy one here :)

So when we landed in Manila we were picked up by these guys in white shirts holding a sign that said Cauayan Missionaries, they took us to the Manila MTC, we stayed there for a few hours and rested up a bit then we hopped on a buss and took that 10 hour ride, the buss had AC and you would think that was a good thing, but they cranked it! It was like a refrigerator in there haha then we got to the Mission home many hours later and put our suits into the closet never to be seen again haha then we had breakfast and it was delicious then we were all interviewed by President Carlos, he is a great guy, when I was being interviewed he gave me some great advice, he said that I shouldnt focus on the numbers but to focus on the man that I am becoming. I am learning so much, its hard to keep up sometimes haha After that we got to meet our trainers! My companions name is Elder Gloria and he is filipino! he is great we work hard every day! He helps me a ton with the language, I am very grateful to have a native trainer. Our appartment is actually pretty nice compared to the surrounding houses, we do have electricity and running water, our shower is a bucket and a ladle haha we have a toilet but to flush it you have to fill up the shower bucket and dump it in the toilet haha

As far a weird food goes, I havent had anything that was too unusual, its mostly different things on rice. Lots of rice! but its good, and we drink lots of soda, thats what the people give us if we visit with them for a lesson or anything haha

The kids are hilarious! When I walk down the street they say "Americano!" or "Hey Joe" and there is this one street that has tons of kids, whenever we walk down it they swarm me saying "up here" (thats what you say for a High 5) its fun :)

This is such an adventure! sometimes we are teaching by candlelight in a shack with a dirt floor. Its very humbling for me to see that these people have so little, but they are happy people, they understand the important things in life. They understand the importance of family, which is awesome because the message that we have for them is about how they can have a happier family and how they can be with them forever! Oh this whole missionary thing is awesome :) I am already loving it, its so great.

I love it here and I love all of you
Elder Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment