Monday, January 30, 2012

1-30-12




Well Here it goes

This week we have been doing a ton of traveling, oh yeah I forgot to tell you they made my trainer DL so he has been going around doing baptism interviews and I tag along it was pretty fun, we got to ride in a boat! Of course I was humming Whale of a Tale to myself the whole boat ride! haha same old Jared :) I also got a little bit sunburnt and it amazes the local people that I can be white one day and red the next. haha 

As for the weird foods go, last night we had a dinner appointment and I was offered to eat little mga octopus, I however didn't try it because I have a rule to not eat weird food on Sunday so that I wont be sick on p day haha Speaking of p day, earlier we met up with some of our recent converts and went to Callao Cave, it was a pretty cool place, inside the cave was a chapel were some Catholics do whatever it is they do on Sunday haha I thought it was a creepy place to have church. But the really cool thing about this cave trip was that (Ms. M) (recent convert) brought her 2 older sons and (Ms. Y)(rc) brought her son too, and they said that they would like to be taught and baptized! haha sometimes its almost too easy haha so we set up a time when we could teach them. And its also cool because one of the area goals this year, along with helping less actives, is to complete families and then get them to the temple. So that's awesome in a big way haha 

Oh yeah another thing that happened this week was me and Elder Nay, from midvale Utah, went on splits, it was awesome for 2 reasons. First because we got to talk about Utah, Skiing, Wake boarding, Rock Climbing and all sorts of good stuff that Filipinos just dont get haha, and Secondly I got to see that I am getting better with the Language, because I would take lead in all the lessons that we taught and I was able to do so! 
Speaking of language, its crazy in here, in every area there is another language! but luckily most of them understand Tagalog. These are the languages I have heard of so far, ilocano, itawis,ifuegao,and ibanag. I cant believe that there can be so many different languages in such a small area.

So now for some pictures! 
1. This is the boat we were in
2. This is me on the boat, still just as handsome as ever haha 
3. This is that "cave Church" haha 
4. This is yet another handsome devil on a boat...Golly! 
Well I think that's just about all I have to say for today! look at it this way, if I write short letters it gives you more time to read Martha's novels haha  

I love all of you xoxoxo 
Love,
Elder Proctor  

No comments:

Post a Comment